Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Severe Writer's Block (Singapore + Cambodia post)

Wow...this is really sad, its been 1 month since I posted on my blog.  Sadly, not much has really happened, other than the fact that I went to Cambodia for spring break (which was awesome) not much.  Oh yeah singapore in CNY was awesome also.... Hmmm I should just post now.


Singapore - CNY
Well this year, we went to visit Singapore, our old home for 5 years.  We saw old friends, hung out with some, and did a ton of shopping.  We stayed at the Hilton this year, which was on Orchard, which meant that it was easy to go shopping, eating, and to see friends.  My friend Sibonay, lived right behind our hotel which was very convenient, seeing as I went over almost every day.  We also stayed next to the new mall, the Ion.  It was huge, though we only shopped in the lower levels (cause they were cheaper).  I hung out with Sibonay, for one whole day, as she helped me get birthday presents in Takashimaya.  All in all, it was a fun trip, I ate tons in Singapore (chili crap, pepper crab, hainan chicken rice x6, laksa, and all the other greats), hung out with alot of people, and just plain had fun.  I have to do it again sometime.


Cambodia - Spring Break
Once again, I went to Cambodia as part of our church's mission trip.  This trip has been like the biggest thing that I have been anticipating for this whole year (I don't think I have correct grammar on that one, but oh well).  This year, 30+ people went, with about 7 people in my grade.  Shelley, Meredith, Joanne, Trillium, Morgan, Maxine, and Katherine.  (sorry if I actually forgot someone, i'll edit and add you in)  This year, I was part of the construction team where we went to Battambang to construct a brick fence/wall for the new orphanage building (there already was an orphanage, but they were building a new one for the kids), as well as painting the walls inside.   I really enjoyed working there, as I got to hangout with some of my friends as well as play with the orphans.  Because we stayed for most of the week, I made some really awesome friends there. This year, we had the option of staying in a hotel as opposed to the original plan of staying in an orphanage.  Sadly after staying one night at the hotel, I couldn't leave (except the time when I actually did stay, and it was bad, but I'll write about it later).  Still I believed that I helped spread God's word, as well as teaching the kids while I was there.  As always, I ate everything they served, (plus a little extra - crickets/frogs/field mice).  I really enjoyed eating the Cambodian cuisine, though the beef there is kinda rubbery.  All in all, I enjoyed my trip, and I definitely plan to go next year, and the year after.


Staying in the Orphanage.
Well it was bad, it was very stuffy, and there wasn't much wind that night either.  The girls however, has a working fan, (which led them to actually need blankets).  Though I enjoyed the experience, I couldn't handle the heat as I only received about 4-5 hours of sleep.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yaaay, I have been mentioned :D
Nice blog.