Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Skiing.

On December 13th, Monday, we drove from Moraga, to Lake Tahoe, where we went to the big ski resort, Northstar, to ski. There we rented skis, and boots and a helmet for my brother. My brother and I had private lessons, my brother wanted his/her teacher to help him get better, while I thought I needed a coach to help me ski again, as I haven't skied for 2-3 years. However, to my surprise, I remember most of it, and enjoyed the whole experience. I skied parallel on the green runs and blue runs, while also attempting at powder and cross country. During those 3 days, I enjoyed the rush and cool temperatures as I floated down the slopes. We left on Wednesday the 15th. On December the 28th, we went back again for one day, and skied some blue and green runs as well. All in all, I enjoyed skiing this christmas.

Now onto a serious note. I enjoy skiing, but I find it a sport that is too time consuming, expensive, and quite stressful. It is time consuming for the drive to Tahoe and back, which is roughly 2 1/2 hours with no traffic, as well as the long lines. It is expensive for the rental costs as well as the tickets, and it is stressful. Each day I ski, I endure a lot of pain in my feet, I have bad feet (minor chronic pain that is increased when I ski), as well as the post-ski sickness, which includes, a cold, bad phlegm and other sores. However, if one or two of these factors were eliminated, then skiing would be bliss for me. Nonetheless, I enjoy the rush, and the adrenaline when I ski, but it is not a necessity in my life.

No comments: