Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Much Ado About Nothing

So, its been about 2 weeks since the play and I've had some time to think about what happened.

This year, I joined tech so I would be able to learn under the new teacher, and maybe get into Cultural Convention this year.  I envisioned myself as becoming TC or Tech Coordinator (Stage Manager) where I finally get to run the show as the head techie.

In the end, I became Assistant Technical Director (which meant I did everything), as well as ran the backstage crew.  The stage manager positions went to two students who were IB Theatre students who needed to be involved with the play somehow.  Both had zero technical experience which made me quite angry.  Also, I later realized that I wouldn't be going to Cultural Convention either due to external circumstances.

However, in the end, I got to work with an awesome tech teacher, and I learned a lot of new things.  I got to build tons of new things and do things that I've never done for tech before.

All in all, I would say that this was an awesome experience, but it would have been better if some things were in my favor.


1 comment:

FungYeh Family said...

Well, Nick. Great job. Like what Mr. Held said, the experience you've gained during the play is much more impressive than going to the Culture Convention and just push a few buttons in the span of 15 minutes.