Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Notebook


I know I haven't been on this blog for a looooong time, but after I read The Notebook, I felt the need to rediscover my blog. (Even though no one reads this.) SO I first heard of Nicholas Sparks, after I was searching for Jodi Picoult on Amazon. After further exploration I decided to tryout one of his books. Thus I started, "The Holy Grail of Romance Novels". While it was quite slow in the beginning, it easily became interesting. The book, hit a nerve that changed my personality, while I am normally a cynic, this book changed my views, and allowed me to become what I call, "Romantic Cynic". All in all, this book indeed is "The Holy Grail of Romance Novels". Read it and weep.

1 comment:

anna said...

i loved the movie...
never read the book though.
but i read his message in a bottle,
which, i didn't really enjoy.
the story sort of happened too fast it doesn't really seem convincing,
and it's kinda cheesy for me...
the way the protagonists speak.
yes, even for a girl.
i also watched the movie night in rodanthe, which was also based on nicholas sparks' novel.
didn't really enjoy it either...
quite a boring movie, and the ending was kinda similar to the ending in MIB.
last song and dear john is coming out too...
and i wanna watch those...
even though last song is casting miley cyrus :p
ok i don't really have any point here...